AbstractA UK company has developed a technology which measures, records and transmits key data on the flow of water, water pressure and leak detection in water mains. The technology is used by water companies to monitor and predict the integrity of their water trunk and transfer mains, with data transmitted by SMS or GPRS. The company are now seeking partners for local adoption, specifically for technical and commercial cooperation.
DetailsThe technology is based on using a system of sensors to detect and measure a range of water parameters namely water flow, water pressure and leak-noise detection.
Sophisticated algorithms are used to compress flow pressure and leak-noise data for transmission by SMS or GPRS. On receipt of alarm data, the technology determines the failed asset and identifies the section that has to be shut.
The use of a robust, highly sensitive leak noise sensor, with no moving parts, provides a signal with maximum immunity from background noise using sophisticated FFT calculations developed by the company. The external accelerometer can be used in-situ by 3rd party correlators therefore maximising the use of the sensors.
The technology advantages are that it offers:
- A predictive and effective sensor technology to predict any problems with the water systems being analysed.
- The utilisation as robust and mobile sensor system or as easily integrated solution in existing water measurement systems.
- Measurement of critical water parameters.
- Reduced costs for users of the technology.
- The technology can be deployed in all kinds of water systems due to its robustness and sensitivity of the technology.