AbstractA Russian small company from Nizhni Novgorod has developed a system that allows the user to organize his/her “own mobile information space” with access to all the features of this space from desktop computers, mobile phones, netbooks, tablet computers and other devices. The company seeks partners for further research and for concluding a manufacturing agreement.
DetailsA company from Nizhni Novgorod offers an original system (and a service based on this system) that allows the users (tourists, travelers, people who often travel on business) to organize their “own mobile information space” with access to all the features of this space from desktop computers, mobile phones, netbooks, tablet computers and other devices. The system helps the user: to prepare materials that are of interest to him/her during the trip with the help of convenient and simple tools, using Internet resources and other sources of information, to access such materials in the future, both online and offline, from a desktop computer or any mobile devices, to access georeferenced information resources provided by the system both online and offline, to access information and services provided by third party suppliers (and also to select, classify and structure them). During the trip, the system acts as a mobile guide and provides a convenient way to store the materials produced during the trip: notes (that can be referenced to the map), photos (that can be referenced to the map), routes (shown on the map). The system consists of the server part, client applications for computers and cell phones, and the Internet site (whose various sections are accessible in both the full-format and in the mobile versions).
The novelty of the idea lies in the following:
• The developed system allows users to integrate, for their needs, various opportunities offered by many different online and offline services to solve various problems of mobile users in an unfamiliar environment,
• The users are provided with the tools that enable them to form their own pieces of information (documents), which may be useful to them in particular expected situations,
• The users can configure individual elements of the service interface in a flexible way to suit their needs, including the possibility of separating certain functions from the service and grouping them into separate client applications for mobile devices,
• The users are provided with the tools to integrate the services of external content and service providers into their personal information space and to organize convenient and user-friendly access to such services,
• An automatic system provides synchronization and control for offline and online user-generated content distributed over a set of devices.
The proposed system has the following advantages:
• System users can organize their personal mobile information space based on simple, intuitive tools,
• The system allows the users to use trackers and data loggers for organizing their personal life with clear and attractive advantages, it is flexible and combines the capabilities of online and offline access to information,
• The system makes it possible to use the power of such competing resources as Google, Yandex, etc., by integrating their capabilities in a single service for addressing emerging tasks in the most effective manner,
• When working with the content within the allotted personal information space, one can use the information copied from the Internet for personal use on absolutely legal grounds,
• The service, unlike many projects filled with user-generated content, can have the content prepared by experts, which permits you to solve orientation problems in the area quickly and reliably.