|Title of Profil||New Concept of Gear Box for Mountain Bike
11 FR 33j6 3NP8
|Country of origin||France|
|Entry/Update||2011-12-19 / 2013-02-25|
AbstractAn academic French laboratory has developed a new gear box for mountain bike. This concept of gear box allows reducing the risk of mechanical failure compared to a derailleur. This gear box is suitable to every type of frame thus ideal for the market of the assembly in parts. Industrial partner are sought for licence agreement.
The Mountain Bike benefits of a strong gear box integrated into the pedal mechanism, for any kind of frame, avoiding being in neutral during gear change.
Gear box is integrated into the pedal mechanism of a bicycle, allowing getting the various gears needed for the practice of the Mountain Bike.
The main components are an epicycloidal gear train with several coaxial sun gears and planet gears of different diameters. A special driving mechanism has been specifically developed to avoid being in neutral during gear shift.
- Shift of gears without being in neutral.
- The gear box is a sprung mass thus the unsprung mass on the back wheel is reduced.
- Reduction of the risk of mechanical failure compared to a derailleur.
- Adaptation to every type of frame (no specific frame) thus ideal for the market of the assembly in parts.
- Gear box arranged in the place of the front derailleur (and no rear derailleur needed) thus no necessity of spoking a new back wheel for the assembly.
- Applications for Tourism
- Mechanical Engineering, Hydraulics, Vibration, ...
- Mechanical Engineering
- Consumer Products
- Other Consumer Related (not elsewhere classified)
Stage of development
Development phase - Laboratory tested
Patent Rights (IPR)
Patent(s) applied for but not yet granted
| ||Comments (date and reference of the patent if available) :
-Current stage of development
A prototype is available with commercial mechanical components and 13 well staged gears. This prototype will be tested on a mountain bike.
-Exploitation of RTD results
Intellectual Property Rights – IPR (countries, date, ref)
Patent pending in FR
- License Agreement
Type of partner sought : Industrial Partners
Specific area of activity of the partner :
Gear box manufacturer for bicycles
Task to be performed: crossing the last steps of development, such as weariness testing under real conditions.
We only react to expressions of interest in Swiss profiles and/or made by organisations based in Switzerland
Would you like to contact
- You are not based in Switzerland? You are not interested in a Swiss profiles?
Find your local access point on the Network website.
- This technology profile does not fit your requirements?
You are searching for a tailor made solution?
You are interested to promote your own technology profile?
=> Contact us now!
=> In short time we can find suitable partners