AbstractA Basque SME is building a consortium to carry out a project which aim is to unify, interconnect and pack services provided by several and different providers, consumed by tourism industry, on a public cloud. Several partners are sought for various roles within the project including organizations which are experts in Cloud computing, software architech and advanced web knowledge, providers of public IaaS and tourism SMEs (Medium-sized hotels, travel agencies and operators).
DetailsNowadays an important aspect to consider is where the services consumed are hosted. Types of hosting will mark a lot of parameters of the service, related to productivity, availability, reliability and others important aspects. Companies must be aware of the advantages of having their services on the cloud, and most of them are already providing service through the cloud, leaving aside on-premises topologies which are being used less frequently. There are three types of cloud, public, private and hybrid, and the providers must be aware of the differences among them, and use each one in the correct environment. Actually, SMEs, from now on users, hire services or a suite of services which are already hosted on the cloud, normally services provided by several different technological suppliers. Accordingly, services are completely separated so users have to cope with them and their lack of interoperability, with the economical and administrative consequences that this imply. The lack of interoperability is the main problem to overcome. Then, the main challenge of this project is to unify, interconnect and pack services provided by several and different providers, consumed by tourism industry, on a public cloud, make them interoperable meeting the needs of each user through licensing per user and per service.
Technical Specifications / Specific technical requirements:
Due to the technological situation, characterized by a high number of providers already providing users with services hosted on the cloud but in an independent way without any interoperability functions between them, the next step should be to define a platform to unify and host all services. In the tourism sector there are many services and systems used by different groups of users. A representative set of these systems, developed by technological providers, can consist of IDS, GDS, CRS, CMS, PMS, CRM, ERP. The profile of the partners sought are the following:
• Medium-sized hotel chain with locations in different countries. Ideally from countries such as France, Portugal and Greece among others.
• International Travel agency offering wholesale and retail custom-bundled services.
• Tour Operator which schedule trips organized by dealing directly with suppliers of services. Service providers must have and international presence.
• Complementary suppliers which offers services in differents countries. Services such as transport, leisure, restoration and so on.
• Organizations which are experts in Cloud computing, software architech and advanced web knowledge.
• Technological clusters of SMEs with the ability to identify and address expert organizations in delevopment of different modules, such as: PMS, GDS, IDS, ERP, CRM, CRS.
• Providers of public IaaS.
The poject is going to be submitted to the FP7-ICT-2011-8 call for proposals, and especifically to challenge 1: Pervasive and Trusted Netowrk and service infraestructures. Within this, for the topic ICT 2011.1.2 Cloud computing, Internet of services and software engineering. The project will be requesting approximatelly 750.000€ meaning 100% of the activities covered in the budget.