AbstractA Swiss SME is developing a new Multimedia Hub which allows to create, upload, post and distribute digital media files on an independent, neutral and free internet learning-platform. This platform is under an open-source license and a free video-hub to be used by anyone. The company seeks organisations in software development to enhance this platform in order to extend the interoperability of the multimedia hub with open-source web-based content management systems and mobile operating systems.
DetailsThe multimedia hub is a web based platform under the GNU General Public License (GPL) for real time learning with Rich Internet Application (RIA) such as text, audio, video, still images, animation and interactivity.
This platform is continuously in development by the community (for community – by community) and for the user it is free of charge.
Creators (e.g. teachers, students, developers, bloggers) have the possibility to produce and upload and distribute quick and efficient multimedia content with easy access and with free browser-based software on a non-commercial platform.
The consequence is a realtime dialogue with means of the Motion Picture (learning path with interactive possibilities) such as Wirecast, Screencast, Screenpresentation, Real-time Chat, Video Blogging, Pod-/Vodcast (Video as a subscription-based media file), RSS subscription, Video on demand and live Broadcasts (Streaming Video) as well as mobile Video-Blogging with livestreaming function using the mobile phone and other devices.
The platform offers:
- Access to the platform free of charge
- No special software installation on the computer (no Flash Player necessary)
- Non-proprietary software for video/audio (Playable in any browser)
- Video and audio recording with direct streaming to the platform
- Encoding of video and audio across all devices and browsers
- Audio and video comments with link options
- Simple upload and download multimedia data from the platform
- Collaborative video, audio and presentation editing
- Comment opportunities in the videos and on the platform
- Mobile services with UMTS technology (Applications for mobile devices)
- Semantic search function within the platform
The company would like to extend the interoperability of the multimedia hub with the most used open-source web-based content management systems and mobile operating systems CMS.
Technical Specifications / Specific technical requirements: