|Title of Profil||Aquaculture waste-water treatment system
10 IT 53U9 3H8R
|Country of origin||Italy|
|Entry/Update||2010-05-10 / 2010-05-10|
|Status||This profile is expired! For further details, please contact your local EEN office. (2011-04-25) |
AbstractAn Italian company has developed an integrated system for the treatment and reuse of waste-waters and by-products from land-based aquaculture plants.The treatment system allows to release in the environment high quality processed water or to reuse it in re-circulation, producing small volumes of sludge which can be used in agriculture or disposed at low costs. Manufacturers of equipments for wastewater treatment or aquaculture farms interested in testing new applications are sought.
The integrated system for waste-water treatment, here proposed, includes a water micro-filtration apparatus, a sludge thickening system based on coagulation and flocculation and tools for bio-remediation and phyto-remediation of waste-water.
According to the characteristics of the effluent, the configuration of the water treatment system is the following:
1. A drum filter equipped with rotating micro screens, with a pore size of 60-90 microns.
2. A fibreglass tank for the accumulation of the concentrated wastewater produced by the high-pressure backwashing of the drum filter.
3. A coagulation and flocculation device.
4. A sludge thickening system composed either by a settling conical tank, a geotube or an inclined beltfilter.
5. A biofiltration unit composed by an algal pond or a constructed wetland.
The innovative system proposed integrates low and high technology devices.
- high efficiency in reducing the suspended solids in the effluent
- high efficiency in producing thickened sludge
- possibility to reuse water and by-products.
- Safe production methods
- Water Pollution / Treatment
- Recycling, Recovery
- Water treatment equipment and waste disposal systems
- Other pollution and recycling related
Stage of development
Available for demonstration - field tested
Patent Rights (IPR)
Patent(s) applied for but not yet granted
| ||A patent is registered in Italy.
- Testing of new applications
- Transfer of knowledge in new raw materials
Type of partner sought:
Specific area of activity of the partner: Manufacturers of wastewater treatment equipments, aquaculture farms
Task to be performed by the partner sought:
Manufacturers of wastewater treatment equipments should manufacture the whole treatment equipment with the assistance of the developer that would supply the needed know-how;
Acquaculture farms should cooperate with the developer to test the technology for new applications
We only react to expressions of interest in Swiss profiles and/or made by organisations based in Switzerland
Would you like to contact
- You are not based in Switzerland? You are not interested in a Swiss profiles?
Find your local access point on the Network website.
- This technology profile does not fit your requirements?
You are searching for a tailor made solution?
You are interested to promote your own technology profile?
=> Contact us now!
=> In short time we can find suitable partners