AbstractThis Swiss company developed an automated car parking system. Car drivers do not need to maneuver any more in the car park itself. The system is very fast (car is stored in less than a minute), space saving (up to 400% increase), comfortable (safe, no need for parking) and has low ecological impacts (less CO2 emissions). The company is looking for companies in the construction or logistic area interested in selling and/or installing the system, using the system or assembling parts of the system.
DetailsMany cities need additional parking – especially more space efficient parking solutions - that are safe and comfortable for the users. Therefore the company developed a very efficient system that fits in most of the demands.
Automated parking in Action
This solution utilizes modern robotics combined with an advanced scanning and measuring system to automatically park and store vehicles. High space efficiency is achieved by the computer-controlled allocation of parking for the different sizes and shapes of the automobiles. The compact storage of the vehicles provides up to 400% better use of space than conventional parking. A property as small as 20 x 20 meters (60 x 60 feet) is sufficient for a parking tower with a capacity for up to 300 cars. For underground installation only 25% of conventional excavation is necessary. It makes car parking more profitable and existing properties can be used more economically.
As an automobile is driven onto the entrance platform a high-precision scanning system measures the geometry of the vehicle immediately and very accurate. Then the system checks if the park brake has been put on. After the passengers have walked away, the vehicle is being moved gently to the elevator. After arrival on the dedicated floor, the car is distributed to the assigned parking lot. Automobile retrieval occurs in the reverse order conveniently positioning the vehicle to simply drive off the platform. The system has very few moving parts to keep maintenance costs low and ensure high reliability.
Technical elements in brief:
• Laser Contour Measurement / Scanning and measuring the dimensions of the vehicle.
• Car Parking Robot / Belt grabs the car at its tires and carries it from transform bays to the lift platform.
• Multi elevators enable the required speed
• Central Control System (CCS)/ This provides the integration of each component
Speed of Parking
The cycle time of each system amounts less than a minute. In addition, we can achieve any speed required regarding average parking time in the building. The innovations result in this technological breakthrough in cycle time performance.
Safe and Secure
The parking systems offers a safe, simple, user friendly vehicle drop-off and pick-up points, and a secure storage area with no human access or intervention. It provides secure and safe access for customer; rapid and hassle free transfer bays. People don’t have to walk in dark alleys.
Environmental Friendly – Greener City, Less Carbon Footprint
The parking system solves urban parking problems by creating a new paradigm for urban ecology which does not only reduce emissions including CO2 decisively, but also revalue cities by offering more space for green areas. No cars run inside the garage, and there is no driving up and down ramps and through aisles in search of a space.
- duration of one cycle to store/hand-out a car is below 60 seconds
- very high space efficiency with a better use of space up to 400% compared to conventional car parks
- no need for stairs, elevators, lighting, ventilation, emergency and escape ways
- no need of areas for maneuvering and for car door opening
- for underground installation only 25% of conventional excavation is necessary
Less cost and more flexibility
- compact modular construction, allowing it to be build up quickly
- low maintenance costs as the system has very few moving parts
- opportunity to be build for special purposes for which a conventional parking garage would be too expensive or would take too much space
- through the special design the parking system can be dismantled on one location and rebuilt on another one (reduced business risk, offers the system a solution for renting)
Safe and secure
- safe, simple, user friendly vehicle drop-off and pick-up points
- secure storage area with no human access or intervention
- no room for crime
- the space-saving architecture offers more space for green areas in the city
- reduced traffic in the city centers which means less exhaust emissions produced