AbstractA Swiss start-up company developed an entirely web based software to capture the essential of any webpage, e-mail, word or excel document and save it to a personal online notebook. Captured text, papers, pictures etc. can be found anytime anywhere. The company seeks university partners in computer science to co-develop specific additions to the platform as well as software companies seeking to expand their product offering.
DetailsA lot of information is consumed on the Internet. How can this information be remembered? Current solutions such as (social) bookmarks do provide only partial and unsatisfactory solutions. Example: The bookmarked URL is no longer valid. The software application provided by this Swiss start-up company solves this in 3 easy steps (see also fig.):
1: The wished information can be captured. The software offers various options how to collect straightforwardly the important pieces of information.
2: Once collected, the information can be easily organised to somebody’s preferences.
3: Share & use of the information: The items can be printed, synchronized with the mobile, exported to other applications, shared with colleagues and friends.
The software has a full text search. It combines the advantages of bookmarks with the private full-text archive. Available for on the Web, Windows, the iPhone/iPad and any Smartphone.
The software is a useful tool for everybody doing a lot of research, e.g.:
• Independent consultants who capture and condense information on behalf of their clients
• People working in university or company researcher labs dependent on good background research
• Students and folks in continuous education programs doing their diploma work
• Marketing experts researching their latest account or do some research for a campaign planned
• PR professionals, who finally get some order into the chaos of their press clippings
• Professionals (lawyers, doctors, etc.) in continuous education finally get their materials organized
• Individuals wanting more than simply a invalid link list but their knowledge collection
- Completely web based note taking application
- Applied cloud computing
- Innovative use of several web technology frameworks: Puppet, Django, Python, REST, etc.