AbstractFor industrial monitoring a research institute in Switzerland requires an infrared measurement device with short rise-time (<1ms) sensitive in the range 3-5µm or 8-12µm. The sensor should be packaged including optics, cooling and amplifier electronics. A Noise Equivalent Temperature Difference (NETD) < 500mK for measurements at room temperature (range: 70K) is necessary. The analog output signal is preferably in the range of 0-10V. Commercial agreement with assistance sought.
DetailsA Swiss research institute is conducting research in non-destructive material testing. For this the material surface is optically excited with a flash lamp. The energy deposited on the surface results in a temperature gradient and thus in a transient temperature profile in the material under test. The infrared radiation emitted from the material is recorded with a high-speed infrared measurement device. From the recorded infrared radiation signal information about the material is extracted.
The measurement system has been experimentally verified using an expensive high-speed infrared camera. In the next project phase the experimental non-destructive material testing device is to be integrated in industrial manufacturing processes for monitoring purposes.
The Swiss institute wishes to replace the expensive and sensitive infrared camera with a more cost effective and industrially applicable solution. They expect to build and install 3 to 5 testing devices this year and even more next year. Each device has to be fitted with an infrared sensor.
Technical Specifications / Specific technical requirements:
- The infrared measurement device (infrared radiation sensor + optics + cooling + signal amplifier) should be integrated into a closed housing (no open electronics or loose parts) with dimensions no larger than 350 mm x 150 mm x 150mm. Mass < 5kg
- Number of IR sensors per measurement device: = 1
- The infrared radiation measurement device is to be integrated into a larger measurement device enclosed in a protective housing. However, industrial working conditions must be acceptable (light shockand vibration proof, temperature range from 0-50°C).
- The 90% rise-time of the infrared radiation sensor should be <1ms (preferably < 0.1ms).
- The spectral measurement window should be either 3-5µm or 8-12µm (or both).
- Output signal of measured infrared radiation either analog (0-10V voltage output preferred, current output acceptable) or digital (USB, Ethernet, Firewire).
- The measurement range should cover at least 20-60°C.
- NETD (Noise equivalent temperature difference) < 500mK
- Manufacturer guarantee = 1 year
- Shipping delay after order placement: < 4 months
- Price < 5000 euro
- No dual-use devices (this results in export restrictions)