AbstractAn Italian R&D lab has developed an innovative knowledge-based platform to create real-time cognitive networks to cope with a management of a great availability of data and a necessity to dispose of prompt right information (early warning), extracted by data. The technology allows to develop an intelligent grid, to support and “automate” strategic decision and so, to solve, in real-time, every kind of diagnostic problems. Partners for commercial agreement with technical assistance are sought.
DetailsThe company operates as Research and Innovation Laboratory. It applies Knowledge Engineering solutions (Expert Systems, Intelligence Monitoring & Control Systems, etc.) in Environmental (waste/wastewater) and Industrial Fields.
The offered platform comes from idea that the better strategic decision arise by a prompt availability of target and effective information. A cognitive network helps to reach this goal: it allows to integrate many data source to drive analytics which transform data into useful information to support advanced operational control and strategic decision making. To realize a cognitive network, it is necessary, firstly, capturing Knowledge, transforming data in information and introducing the knowledge in ICT framework and in Real-Time Systems. This is the right way to have a set of target and suitable information by using to take a correct decision, especially in real-time problem.
The technology offered allows to develop a cognitive network. It is introduced as a tool for expert systems development, having a role potentially equal to that the data flow diagrams widely used in information systems development. The cognitive map is used to provide feedback to domain expert, merge the Knowledge of multiple experts, synthesize this Knowledge and provide a graphic representation from which the final rule-based is formed. The Tool creates a cognitive network, with expert neurons.
The principles of the developed Tool are:
1. Ability to acquire, formalize and insert the Knowledge in ICT Systems: to work with a cognitive network, and to automate completely this network, it needs to transfer the Knowledge from humans to information systems, and in particular, to every node of neural network;
2. Ability to infer heterogeneous and complex domain of Knowledge: fusion of heterogeneous data allows to solve every kind of problems, deterministic and not deterministic, textual and numeric;
3. Ability to control processes in Real-Time: the interconnections among neurons allow to reach the fixed target, in real-time. It allows to develop Knowledge-Based Systems, in Real-Time for industrial processes, like environment monitoring.
The solution offered is a flexible platform that helps to take strategic decision and to solve every kind of problem. This is realized in a prompt and automatic way, possibly in real-time, in order to optimize the working time.
So, rather then a complex and powerful computation systems, to a better “Problem Solving” approach, one makes use only of a good Knowledge Engineering ability and the right conceptual tools. This tool helps to develop cognitive networks that can be used in both numeric and textual Knowledge domain. In this cognitive network every node is an elementary information, and it forms the Knowledge Base of the examined problem: the interconnections among the nodes allow to fuse different cognitive processes. This tool can be used in different Knowledge’s domain, also in environment monitoring, as in monitoring of wastewater.
The peculiarity of the technology proposed are:
• Optimization of processing capacity;
• Deterministic and not deterministic approach: when some data are not available, it is also possible to reach the final goal;
• Detection of solution in a rapid way and quick interception of critical events (Early Warning);
• “Capitalization” of Knowledge and insertion of Knowledge in ICT System to solve problems both in textual and in numeric domains.