AbstractA Swiss SME provides an ultra-thin conformal coating that is transparent, with a low dielectric permittivity and excellent thermodynamic stability, with particle immobilisation and functional utilisation (low friction, hydrophobic, biocompatible). Applied at room temperature under vacuum, it is free of solvent or any other additive. Because of its deposition process, it has a high penetration power with maximum border protection. Collaborations to develop new applications are sought.
DetailsThe polymer coating is made of parylene obtained by evaporation under vacuum at room temperature like CVD process with surface preparation if required. Neither solvent nor other additives are required during the process. The Swiss company has a long experience in the handling of this coating and offers both technological and scientific support for the use of this material including deposition equipment.
- is conformal and pinhole-free
- can be ultra-thin and of controlled thickness (50nm up to 100µm)
- acts as a protection barrier against dust, fumes, moisture, gas, biological agents, organics solvents, inorganic reagent, chemical agents (solvents, acids and solutions).
- exhibits superior dielectric properties (electrical insulation, low-k material) and has a low coefficient of friction.
- is inert, non-reactive, biocompatible and stable during most sterilisation process.
- is transparent and optically well characterised.
These advantages serve various industries such as medical, pharmacology, electronics, defence, space, elastomers and plastics, magnets and ferrite cores, MEMS(Micro-Electro-Mechanical System), nanotechnologies and sensors industries.
Furthermore the company masters a patented process for the deposition of parylene directly on a liquid allowing the production of membranes.
- Stress free treatment at room temperature, with no solvent or other additive (ideal for fragile substrates)
- Thickness controlled (50nm up to 100µm) and uniform, provides maximum border protection, lower weight and mass than other coatings