AbstractA private inventor, industrial designer, has a broad experience in research on energy as a part of the interaction between magnetic and electrical fields. He has reported several interesting applications of his “Dynamic Stability” concept, such as two novelty marine vehicles called “Shark” and “Breaking”. The researcher offers its know-how and capacity to design and build on other applications and prototypes in cooperation with boat manufacturers or investment companies as a kind of spin-off.
A fast marine craft not only must possess a high speed, but also a great stability at a high speed and a great controllability. These kinds of troubles only could be solved by dealing with the problem of energy.
Thanks to the "Internal Dynamics", “Breaking” and “Shark” crafts are perfectly controllable, has a great loading capacity and remain absolutely stable at high speeds. These crafts have low energy consumption and can take off almost immediately from out ground effect, so that they get right into "dynamic stability".
Centrifugal forces have very little influence on the crafts because the "natural centre" remains under control and its controllability remains very precise, thus the turning circle of these crafts is very small.
These vehicles get its magnetic own ness and identity due to its pronounced electrical nature and the seizing point. These facts contribute to the great manoeuvrability and stability of these crafts. Furthermore, in this way the intervals of the magnetic power are avoided and the accumulation of vibrations in matter is impeded.
The substantial advantage compared to other marine craft is obtained by manipulating gravity and by creating these powers on the structure of the vehicle. There are three important phenomena responsible for this: (i) the hydrodynamic effect on the keel; (ii) the aerodynamic forces affecting the profile of the wing; and (iii) the propulsion of the movable air propeller on the dynamic centre, which has a favourable influence on the energy consumption of the propulsion motor.
The high lifting capacity at low speed is achieved by the water pressure on the hydrodynamic fin as well as by the energy pressure on the natural centre. The resistance decreases very quickly and when the pressure on the natural centre increases, the speed increases and the influence of the gravity force on the vehicle decreases extraordinarily.
A remarkable increase in the stability is obtained by putting the required pressure on the natural centre and by means of the configuration of form and energy. This situation brings about a dynamic equilibrium in the vehicle.
Briefly, the “Internal Dynamics” directly refer to the natural centre which is situated very near the centre of gravity. Whereas, the centre of gravity tends to move and cannot be controlled, the internal dynamics aim at getting the natural centre under control and at keeping it so during all phases of operation.
MAIN ADVANTAGES OF THE TECHNOLOGY
The dynamic stability crafts possess a number of extraordinary qualities, such as:
- relatively economical prize
- low production cost, even for small series
- easy of use and maintenance
- the wing lies low in the water during repairs of other objects and can serve as a platform. In the same sense, during rescue operations it is possible to stand on the wing without capsizing
- the drift is limited, which it results in a lower energy consumption, and which enables a broad operational area and a big radius.
- they will not be hampered in their movements in extreme weather conditions
- aggressive and extensive manoeuvrability, in fact, they can be steered much better, with more precision and more operational possibilities. They are precisely steerable when taking curves, even at extremely small turns
- the speed, right from the start and even while turning
- they can be stopped very rapidly without overshooting
- high level of safety and reliability
- absolute stability at stand still and in operation
- these crafts neither jerk nor roll
- cause little wake and swell
- low enough to execute unobtrusive manoeuvres
- quick mooring and easy stepping in and out
The major innovative aspects in respect of other existing technologies are:
- a totally new approach of the “boat” concept
- new kinds of physics of the construction in substitution of the static mechanic models
- the innovative aggressive design
- high degree of inherent stability
- fast re-stabilisation of the momentum
- a simulation programme and a structural analysis have confirmed the integrity of the vehicle
- the aerodynamic centre is situated relatively close to the rear of the vehicle. This condition is clearly fulfilled. The vehicles thus achieve longitudinal stability in the normal way.
- great lateral stability. This means that even in case of possible high position angles of the vehicle, the drift remains relatively small, which has a very favourable effect on the energy consumption.
In conclusion, it may be said that the concept of the vehicle is based on very sound principles of flow mechanics. It must be stressed that the vehicles make use of a remarkable number of aerodynamic properties that provide enhanced loading capacity without hampering the great action radius, the stability, manoeuvrability, flexibility and safety. These vehicles offer possibilities hitherto unknown.